Purely Pets Policies – Review
Purely Pets is owned and underwritten by Ultimate Insurance Co Ltd. Our review revealed a number of limitations and “non-standard” exclusion clauses so be very careful to read the small print thoroughly before taking out a policy.
Purely Pets Insurance is a registered trading name of Ultimate Pet Partners Limited.
Their policies, like several other pet insurance policies on the market, are arranged and administered by Ultimate Pet Partners Limited and underwritten by Ultimate Insurance Company Limited.
Ultimate Insurance Company (based in Gibraltar) and Ultimate Pet Partners (based in the UK) are both part of the Ultimate HC Limited group of companies based in the UK.
We found only a few recent reviews about Purely Pets online. The most common complaint was about high premium increases. Read Purely Pets Reviews analysis
- Provide three lifetime policies (highest cover is £7,500 per year).
- Will only pay for out of hours consultations or house calls if your pet was in need of attention to alleviate acute suffering or pain or was at risk of life-endangering condition
- All Purely Pets policies have limits for CT/MRI scans and cruciate ligament treatment.
- Several additional exclusion clauses in third party liability cover
- Only pay a proportion of death benefit for pets over 1 year old.
- Provides basic travel insurance only (no quarantine cover).
- Covers dental costs for accidents and injuries only.
Other Points to Note
- Will only pay for a special diet for the treatment of bladder stones/crystals in urine. Will pay up to £100 for a maximum of 60 days treatment.
- May charge administration fees if you change your details or cancel the policy.
- You have to pay 15% of vet fees for pets over 8
Click on a policy name to view full policy details
Accident Only – Lifetime Accident Policy – £2,000 per accident per year
Accident & Illness Essential – Time Limited Policy – £2,000 per condition for the first 12 months of treatment
Accident & Illness Only – Lifetime Policy – £2,000 per condition per year
Accident & Illness Plus – Lifetime Policy – £3,500 per condition per year
Accident & Illness Extra – Lifetime Policy – £7,500 per year to cover all conditions
About Purely Pets Pet Insurance
Pet Insurance Terminology Explained
Share This Review
Recent Claim Experiences with Purely Pets?
If you have claimed on a Purely Pets pet insurance policy in last 12 months it would be great if you could share your experiences with others by completing our 2-minute survey.
If you have any comments or experiences that you would like to share with others please do add them below. Please note all comments are moderated and will only appear once approved.
About Pet Insurance
Pet Insurance Policies
Detailed policy reviews for 15 of the top UK pet insurance providers with ratings and full analysis of strengths & limitations.
Argos Policies – Review
Direct Line Policies – Review
E&L Policies – Review
Healthy Pets Policies – Review
Helpucover Policies – Review
John Lewis Policies – Review
LV= Policies – Review
M&S Policies – Review
More Than Policies – Review
Petplan Policies – Review
Purely Pets Policies – Review
Sainsbury’s Policies – Review
Tesco Policies – Review
The Kennel Club Policies – Review