M&S offer policies ranging from the very basic to quite comprehensive. They do not though require you to make contribution payments for pets of any age. However you should be aware that we have heard some reports of high renewal premium increases.
Marks and Spencer Plc need little introduction!
They provide pet insurance through their finance division – M&S Bank.
Their pet insurance policies are underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance (RSA)
M&S performed well in the recent claims satisfaction survey carried out by our sister site – Pet Insurance Surveys – in October 2014.
However they did less well in the recent Which? survey.
We have also read some reports of high premium increases Read M&S Customer Reviews analysis
- Lifetime policies available
- Low excess (£50)
- Can opt to increase excess in return for a lower premium
- Premier policy includes dental cover for illnesses as well as accidents
- Some complaints of premium hikes
- Only the Premier policy includes travel cover and holiday cancellation cover
Other Points to Note
- The Standard policy only covers £1,000 treatment per condition per year (with a maximum of £4,000 each year to cover all conditions).
- No maximum age for new policies
- Premier policy will pay up to £200 for prescription food
Click on a policy name to view full policy details
About M&S Pet Insurance
Pet Insurance Terminology Explained
Recent Claim Experiences with M&S
If you have claimed on a M&S policy in last 12 months it would be great if you could share your experiences with others by completing our 2-minute survey.