Sainsbury's Policies – Review
Sainsbury’s pet insurance policies are underwritten by Allianz (who own Petplan).
Unfortunately recent customer reviews about Sainsbury’s pet insurance have been disappointing with many people complaining about delays.
Although they do not offer lifetime pet insurance policies they do offer a maximum benefit condition policy with a limit of £13,000 per condition.
Sainsbury’s need little introduction!
They provide pet insurance through their finance division – Sainsbury’s Bank.
Their underwriter, Allianz Insurance, is one of the largest general insurers in the UK and part of the Allianz SE Group, one of the leading integrated financial services providers worldwide.
As mentioned above recent feedback for Sainsbury’s pet insurance has been disappointing. Almost all negative reviews complain about delays. Read Sainsbury’s Customer Reviews analysis
- Most additional benefits are optional
- Includes dental cover for illnesses in addition to accidents.
- Recent negative customer feedback
- No lifetime policies available
- Holiday cancellation cover only applies to trips to EU countries
- Will only pay very limited prescription food (Will only pay for food which is to treat either the first occurrence of bladder stones or crystals in urine (max 40% for six months) or is liquid food given whilst your pet is hospitalised (max 5 days)
Other Points to Note
- You have to pay 20% of vet fees for pets over 9
- New policies are only available to pets under 9 years old.
Click on a policy name to view full policy details
About Sainsbury’s Pet Insurance
Pet Insurance Terminology Explained
Share This Review
Recent Claim Experiences with Sainsbury’s?
If you have claimed on a Sainsbury’s policy in last 12 months it would be great if you could share your experiences with others by completing our 2-minute survey.
If you have any other comments or experiences that you would like to share with others please do add them below. Please note all comments are moderated and will appear below once approved.
About Pet Insurance
Pet Insurance Policies
Detailed policy reviews for 15 of the top UK pet insurance providers with ratings and full analysis of strengths & limitations.
Argos Policies – Review
Direct Line Policies – Review
E&L Policies – Review
Healthy Pets Policies – Review
Helpucover Policies – Review
John Lewis Policies – Review
LV= Policies – Review
M&S Policies – Review
More Than Policies – Review
Petplan Policies – Review
Purely Pets Policies – Review
Sainsbury’s Policies – Review
Tesco Policies – Review
The Kennel Club Policies – Review