Tesco offer a range of pet insurance policies but do not offer any lifetime policies. Their policies offer a low excess payment and no contribution payments for pets of any age.
This review of Tesco Pet Insurance policies by The Pet Insurance Guide published in September 2015. For further information about how the rating of 4.2 out of 5 was arrived at please see Tesco Pet Insurance – How Good is it?
Tesco need little introduction!
They provide pet insurance through their finance division – Tesco Bank.
Their pet insurance policies are underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance (RSA)
Most policyholders seem to be happy with the way Tesco’s handles claims, but some seem to be unhappy about renewal hikes. Read Tesco Customer Reviews analysis
- Low basic excess of just £50 for cats and £60 for dogs
- Excess can be increased in return for lower premium
- Dental cover includes illnesses in addition to accidents
- Only provides death benefit as a result of accident (Does not include death benefit for deaths as a result of illness – most policies do for pets under about 8)
- Does not pay for any diet food
Other Points to Note
- No contribution payment for pets of any age
- There is no maximum age for new policies.
Click on a policy name to view full policy details
Accident & Injury Policy – Time Limited Accident Policy – £3,000 per accident for the first 12 months treatment
Standard Policy – Time Limited Policy – £3,000 per condition for the first 12 months treatment
Extra Policy – Maximum Benefit Policy – £4,000 or £7,500 per condition
Premier Policy – Lifetime Policy – £7,500 or £10,000 per year
About Tesco Pet Insurance
Pet Insurance Terminology Explained
Recent Claim Experiences with Tesco
If you have claimed on a Tesco policy in last 12 months it would be great if you could share your experiences with others by completing our 2-minute survey.