Policy Type: Time Limited Cover
Vet Fees Cover Limit: £1,000 per condition subject to a time limit of 12 months from the date the condition starts (and a limit of £4,000 per policy year to cover all conditions).
Maximum Age for New Policies: None
Key Points to Note
- Maximum vet fees of £1,000 per condition.
- You pay 35% of all vet fees (contribution payment)
- This is lunar monthly policy – so you make 13 “monthly” payments over the year.
- Specified limits for consultations, out of hours costs, hospitalisation etc.
- Reduced death benefits
- Includes dental cover for illnesses as well as accidents
- Very limited prescription food cover
- No cover for euthanasia
- Includes £150 cover for travel costs for referrals
- Be sure to read the E&L policy document carefully. Also read E&L – The Small Print
- See full review of E&L strengths and limitations
- See a summary of E&L customer reviews
|Disclaimer Notice: Whilst we have taken great care in ensuring the information below is accurate, we cannot be responsible for its accuracy and you must check all the details with the insurer before purchasing the policy. The details below relate to the current policy available from the insurer. Terms for existing policies you have may be different.|
Excess and Contribution Rates
- The standard excess depends on where you live and your breed of pet.
- It is between £79 and £109
- You also pay 35% of vet fees
|Dental Costs: For treatment required as a result of accident or illness except for tooth or gum disease|
|Prescription Food: Very limited cover. Only pays prescription food for treatment of bladder stones/urine crystals (max £100 – see E&L small print for further details) .|
|Euthanasia: Not covered|
|Complementary Therapies: Included within vets fees limits. Hydrotherapy is limited to £250 per condition.|
|Behavioural Therapy: Not Covered.|
Third Party Liability Cover
|Third Party Liability: £1.5 million – Read small print carefully as there are several exclusions|
|Death Benefit – Illnesses Not covered|
|Death Benefit – Accidents Will pay 50% of the lower of the market value or price you paid for your pet subject to a maximum of £750. (Will only pay 75% for neutered pets)|
|Theft & Straying Benefit Same as for accidents|
|Advertising & Reward £600|
|Boarding Fees £750 Pays the cost of a “boarding establishment for hospital stays which are 3 days or more (most policies specify 4 days).|
|Holiday cancellation £1000 Covers cancellation/curtailment as a result of pet requiring immediate lifesaving surgery within 14 days of planned departure date.|
|Vets Fees Abroad Not covered|
|Quarantine Fees Not covered|
|Loss of Documents Cover Not covered|
|Emergency Expenses Abroad. Not covered|