John Lewis offer a range of pet insurance policies including two lifetime policies. These policies have a comprehensive range of standard benefits (but also some limitations – see below).
Everyone who responded to our recent claims satisfaction survey was very happy with the way in which their claim was handled. However we have read many recent reports elsewhere of substantial premium hikes for lifetime policies.
This review of John Lewis Pet Insurance policies by The Pet Insurance Guide published in March 2021. For further information about how the rating of 4.0 out of 5 was arrived at please see John Lewis Pet Insurance – How Good is it?
John Lewis pet insurance is provided by John Lewis Insurance who are part of the John Lewis Partnership.
John Lewis Insurance was previously known as Greenbee.
The pet insurance policies are underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance. (RSA).
Most John Lewis policyholders appear to be very happy with the policy and the way in which their claims are processed. However you need to be aware that many pet owners have reported steep renewal premium increases. Read John Lewis Customer Reviews analysis
- Lifetime policies available
- Most people seem happy with how their claims are handled
- Low standard excess of £60
- You can opt to increase this to £80, £100, £140, £250 or £500 in return for lower premium.
- Dental cover is for accidents only
- Many reports of premium hikes
- The Essential policy does not include travel cover
- Holiday cancellation only covers planned trips to the EU.
Other Points to Note
- You will have to pay 20% of vet fees for pets over the age of 9 years.
- The policy will pay up to £250 for food recommended by a vet to treat a condition.
- There is no maximum age for new policies.
Click on a policy name to view full policy details