E&L Policies – Review
E&L are a long-established pet insurance provider offering a range of time limited pet insurance policies. They do not offer any policies which will pay for more than 12 months treatment for any condition. If you search the internet you will unfortunately find many negative customer reviews. You should also be careful to read the small print carefully as there are some uncommon exclusions.
The Equine & Livestock (E&L) Insurance Company Limited describe themselves as “well known and established provider of personal line niche schemes and have been in business for more than 70 years.”
They underwrite their own insurance policies.
Unforunately, although there are some positive reviews for E&L, we have found more negative reviews for E&L than for any other pet insurance company. So please do make sure you do your research thoroughly and reach your own conclusion. Read E&L Customer Reviews analysis
- Appears to include dental cover for illnesses as well as accidents except for tooth or gum disease
- Lots of negative feedback on review sites
- Does not pay for euthanasia, cremation or burial
- Will only pay for food which is to treat bladder stones or crystals in urine
- Reduced death benefits
- Excesses vary but can be as high as £169 depending on pedigree, postcode etc.
- Excess payments double for claims in excess of £1,000
- No travel cover
- Treatment cost limits (eg. Out of hours consultation max £90)
- Will only pay for house calls or out of hours appointment for life-endangering conditions.
- Your pet is required to have an annual health check (and any recommended treatment must be carried out)
Other Points to Note
- You have to pay 35% of vet fees for pets over 8 years old
- Monthly policies are lunar monthly which means you make 13 payments per year.
- Although Silver policies have an annual limit of £3,500 or £4,000 you can’t claim more than £1,000 per condition.
Click on a policy name to view full policy details
Silver Annual Policy – Time Limited Policy – £1,000 per condition (£3,500 annual limit)
Silver Monthly Policy – Time Limited Policy – £1,000 per condition (£4,000 annual limit)
Gold Annual Policy – Time-Limited Policy – £4,500 per condition
Gold Monthly Policy – Time-Limited Policy – £5,000 per condition
Diamond Annual Policy – Time-Limited Policy – £5,500 per condition
Diamond Monthly Policy – Time-Limited Policy – £6,000 per condition
Senior Silver Annual Policy – Time Limited Policy – £1,000 per condition (£3,500 annual limit)
Senior Silver Monthly Policy – Time Limited Policy – £1,000 per condition (£4,000 annual limit)
Senior Gold Annual Policy – Time-Limited Policy – £4,500 per condition
Senior Gold Monthly Policy – Time-Limited Policy – £5,000 per condition
Senior Diamond Annual Policy – Time-Limited Policy – £5,500 per condition
Senior Diamond Monthly Policy – Time-Limited Policy – £6,000 per condition
Pet Insurance Terminology Explained
Share This Review
Recent Claim Experiences with E&L?
If you have claimed on a E&L pet insurance policy in last 12 months it would be great if you could share your experiences with others by completing our 2-minute survey.
If you have any comments or experiences that you would like to share with others please do add them below. Please note all comments are moderated and will only appear once approved.
About Pet Insurance
Pet Insurance Policies
Detailed policy reviews for 15 of the top UK pet insurance providers with ratings and full analysis of strengths & limitations.
Argos Policies – Review
Direct Line Policies – Review
E&L Policies – Review
Healthy Pets Policies – Review
Helpucover Policies – Review
John Lewis Policies – Review
LV= Policies – Review
M&S Policies – Review
More Than Policies – Review
Petplan Policies – Review
Purely Pets Policies – Review
Sainsbury’s Policies – Review
Tesco Policies – Review
The Kennel Club Policies – Review